NIVA accepts students who meet the following requirements:
- Male and female students from 1 ½ – 17 years of age of all nationality, race and religion.
- Meet the chosen class level academic preparedness and English language fluency for all mainstream admissions.
- Be willing to be admitted as an ESL student in Intensive English (IE) or Language Support (LS) programs if the English language proficiency does not meet mainstream admissions. The duration in the ESL program ranges from one semester to two school years depending on the ability and performance of the student
Nursery 2 years to 3 years old
Kindergarten 3 years to 5 years old
Elementary 6 years to 11 years old
Secondary 12 years to 17 years old
Note: Students who have had serious disciplinary problems in their previous schools, such as smoking, drug or alcohol abuse, fighting, etc. are not eligible for admission at Niva IS. An admitted student can be dismissed for any falsification. (Please refer to Student Behavioral Code).
Open admission for new students year-round.
STEP 1 Visit the school
- Call 02-948-4605-7 to make and appointment to visit the school
- School tours can be arranged on all school/working days
Morning : 09.00 – 11.00 am.
Afternoon : 1.00 – 2.00 pm.
Note: Working day on Monday to Friday except public holidays
STEP 2 Placement Test
- Take Placement Tests (Math and English)
- Student Interview
- Parent Interview
- Enroll & Pay Fees
Note: 5,000 Baht fee for placement testing and application process.
STEP 3 Registration
- Complete the application form (Download Application Form)
- All fees paid by set deadline
- Purchase school uniforms
- Install E-book, Receive Books and make student ID card at Student IT Service Department
- Receive Niva Handbook from Admission office and meet your homeroom teacher
- Student & Parent Orientation
Note: If you need further information or clarification, please inform the admissions staff to make arrangements.
NIVA uses the Stanford English Language Proficiency Test (SELPT) and the Stanford Math Achievement Predictors (SMAP) to evaluate the English language and mathematics ability of the student. International and Thai students are required to take the same tests. There are four levels of the SELPT:
- Primary level for Kindergarten to grade 2
- Elementary level for grades 3-5
- Middle School level for grades 6-8
- High School level for grades 9-12
The SMAP has eight levels, one for each entering grade level for K-8. The SMAP level 8 post-test is used for entering grade 9. Mathematics tests for entering Grades 10 -12 are designed by the Niva IS Mathematics department.
The Placement Test results will be available within five working days. The criteria for the placement shall be as follows:
|To be discussed|
29 and below
34 and below
39 and below
44 and below
Note: Nursery, K1 and K2 students are accepted without any placement test but they must be brought to the Kindergarten head teacher for a simple verbal test. K3 students are required to sit for the SELPT when entering grade 1 but admittance is usually granted unless the student has a physical learning disability for which Niva IS not able to provide support.
Documents required for our admissions procedure
- Complete Application Form (Download here)
- Completed Student Enrollment Agreement Form (Download here)
- Completed Financial Agreement Form (Download here)
- Completed Medical Examination Form (Download Page 1), (Download Page 2)
- Drawn map to your home or residence
- Copies of previous school records and transcripts
- Copy of Home Registration (Thai only)
- Copy of passports parents (Overseas)
- Non-Immigrant Type “Ed” Visa of student (Overseas)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or passport for age verification
- Copy of ID card (Parent & Student)
- Two 1.5-inch photographs of student
- One 1.5-inch photographs of parents
- Download all forms here