High school is the final phase for students preparing to face the challenges of choosing a career, selecting a college, and getting ready to meet admission standards for the world’s best universities. This is also the phase in which students gain independence and are moulded into responsible young adults. Here they will understand the expectations of the outside world and learn the tools to overcome hardships in every facet of their lives. NIVA has a dedicated guidance counselor that works hand-in-hand with students on university admissions, scholarships and career choices. NIVA’s mission is to bring education alive through hands-on learning with top quality educators.
We want to expand students’ opportunities in life by instilling in them high standards for professionalism, integrity, leadership, community and general mindfulness. NIVA offers an opportunity for our students to learn entrepreneurship, science, technology, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and the arts. We at NIVA are proud of the fact that these courses are offered adhering to the rigors of the academic standards mandated by the Common Core which is the cornerstone of the 21st century American school system.
One of NIVA’s primary goals is to have all of our students become fluent English speakers and writers. We have high expectations for our students and require dedication from them to master English. NIVA thoroughly prepares our students to do well on their exams (SAT, TOEFL, IELTS etc..), project-based learning, public speaking and presentation skills. At NIVA we empower our students to take charge, plan and lead events on campus, and represent Thailand and the world in global competitions. NIVA graduates are prepared and fully capable to thrive in the university environment, and in life, as leaders and innovators. Niva International School is deeply committed to making sure students are equipped with the skills and knowledge to lead the next generation in this highly competitive, collaborative, and complex world.
NIVA accepts students who meet the following requirements:
- Male and female students from 1 ½ – 17 years of age of all nationality, race and religion.
- Meet the chosen class level academic preparedness and English language fluency for all mainstream admissions.
- Be willing to be admitted as an ESL student in Intensive English (IE) or Language Support (LS) programs if the English language proficiency does not meet mainstream admissions. The duration in the ESL program ranges from one semester to two school years depending on the ability and performance of the student
Nursery 2 years to 3 years old
Kindergarten 3 years to 5 years old
Elementary 6 years to 11 years old
Secondary 12 years to 17 years old
Note: Students who have had serious disciplinary problems in their previous schools, such as smoking, drug or alcohol abuse, fighting, etc. are not eligible for admission at Niva IS. An admitted student can be dismissed for any falsification. (Please refer to Student Behavioral Code).
Open admission for new students year-round.
STEP 1 Visit the school
- Call 02-948-4605-7 to make and appointment to visit the school
- School tours can be arranged on all school/working days
Morning : 09.00 – 11.00 am.
Afternoon : 1.00 – 2.00 pm.
Note: Working day on Monday to Friday except public holidays
STEP 2 Placement Test
- Take Placement Tests (Math and English)
- Student Interview
- Parent Interview
- Enroll & Pay Fees
Note: 5,000 Baht fee for placement testing and application process.
STEP 3 Registration
- Complete the application form (Download Application Form)
- All fees paid by set deadline
- Purchase school uniforms
- Install E-book, Receive Books and make student ID card at Student IT Service Department
- Receive Niva Handbook from Admission office and meet your homeroom teacher
- Student & Parent Orientation
Note: If you need further information or clarification, please inform the admissions staff to make arrangements.
NIVA uses the Stanford English Language Proficiency Test (SELPT) and the Stanford Math Achievement Predictors (SMAP) to evaluate the English language and mathematics ability of the student. International and Thai students are required to take the same tests. There are four levels of the SELPT:
- Primary level for Kindergarten to grade 2
- Elementary level for grades 3-5
- Middle School level for grades 6-8
- High School level for grades 9-12
The SMAP has eight levels, one for each entering grade level for K-8. The SMAP level 8 post-test is used for entering grade 9. Mathematics tests for entering Grades 10 -12 are designed by the Niva IS Mathematics department.
The Placement Test results will be available within five working days. The criteria for the placement shall be as follows:
|To be discussed|
29 and below
34 and below
39 and below
44 and below
Note: Nursery, K1 and K2 students are accepted without any placement test but they must be brought to the Kindergarten head teacher for a simple verbal test. K3 students are required to sit for the SELPT when entering grade 1 but admittance is usually granted unless the student has a physical learning disability for which Niva IS not able to provide support.
Documents required for our admissions procedure
- Complete Application Form (Download here)
- Completed Student Enrollment Agreement Form (Download here)
- Completed Financial Agreement Form (Download here)
- Completed Medical Examination Form (Download Page 1), (Download Page 2)
- Drawn map to your home or residence
- Copies of previous school records and transcripts
- Copy of Home Registration (Thai only)
- Copy of passports parents (Overseas)
- Non-Immigrant Type “Ed” Visa of student (Overseas)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or passport for age verification
- Copy of ID card (Parent & Student)
- Two 1.5-inch photographs of student
- One 1.5-inch photographs of parents
- Download all forms here
Applicable January 01, 2016
The fees at Niva International School are worked out prudently to cover all educational, operational, maintenance and improvement costs. They are separated into the following categories:
- Application Fee is a one-time fee for entrance testing, interviews, placement, and registration.
- Campus Development Fee is a one-time endowment contributing towards the school establishment, grounds, structural facilities, renovations and improvements, which has a direct impact on educational quality your child receives.
- Tuition Fee is charged to cover all academic expenses including learning resources and facilities such as eBooks, library, laboratories, classroom furniture and fixtures, as well as student support services and teacher and staff salaries and benefits.
- General Fee is charged to cover:
- School activities, camps, and field trips
- Inter-school tournaments and competitions
- Safety and security systems
- Student insurance, clinic, and emergency care
- Playgrounds and parents’ facilities
- Utilities, internet, and software licenses
- Regular housekeeping and maintenance
- Government liaison, accreditation, and membership fees
- Catering Fee is charged to cover all expenses incurred in preparing balanced meals and the up-keeping of the kitchen, dining hall and furniture.
- Accountability Deposit and Refund
The Damage, Loss and Liability Deposit is twenty thousand (20,000) Baht and it is collected at the time of admission or once the student reaches grade 1 as a guarantee against misuse, lose, damage and other liabilities when using the facility, equipment, resources and other necessities as well as for adjusting outstanding payments or fines. The deposit can be refunded if there have been no such incriminations or liabilities owed to the school. The conditions for refund are as follows:
- All equipment and resources are returned in good condition
- In the event of loss or damage to any goods or property, the full value of the item or the cost of repair will be charged immediately or deducted from the deposit. If the actual value of the loss or damage exceeds the amount of the deposit, the student will be charged for the excess.
- The student fills out the School Leaving Clearance Form, has all required signatures of school’s custodians, and submits the form for the claim to the school cashier 30 days before withdrawal from the school. All claims filed after the last day of the academic year will be paid at 50%, which is ten thousand (10,000) No refunds will be paid if no claim is made within 60 days after withdrawing from school.
Grade 1 to Grade 12
|SCHOOL FEE||GRADE 1 – 5||GRADE 6 – 8||GRADE 9 – 12|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|Campus Development Fee (non-refundable)||90,000||90,000||90,000|
|General Fee (non-refundable)||40,000||42,000||42,000|
Additional Fees :
| Seat Reservation |
**counted towards total general fee**
(paid in April of each year)
|Grade 12 Graduation Fee||5,000|
Transportation Costs per school year (fixed rate)
**Can be paid by semester**
|One Way||Round Trip|
On-time Payment Discounts
One single payment for the whole year : 2.5% discount from the annual total
Two payments by semester : 1% discount from the semester total
Four payments by quarter : No discount
- There will be no extra charge for Visa and Master Card if payment is made before the due date.
- No payment discount is available for those who are paying once the quarter has started.
- On-time Payment Discounts apply only to the General, Tuition, and Catering Fees.
Fees Related Matters
- Tuition Fee Reviews
Tuition revisions will only be implemented once every two years based on the average inflation rate and adjusted cost of living in Bangkok. The increase will be around 10-15% per 2-year period. The increases will be implemented on the following tentative dates:
January 4, 2016 January 3, 2018 January 3, 2020
- Development Fund
Though the tuition may be increased every two (2) years, parents can contribute towards The School’s Development Fund to plan and moderate their tuition fee increases and expenses. The Development Fund will be used by The School to pay off bank loans and to plan renovations and school improvements without having to take more loans from the banks with interest. The total amount paid towards Development Fund will be refunded when students graduate or leave school any time after completing at least one academic year.
The Development Fund is not a requirement, but an option.
a. Tuition freeze for 4 years at a time
Contribute 300,000 Baht per child to have their tuition fee (not including General, Catering or other fees) frozen for 4 years at a time from the year you begin contributing (other discounts available will be unaffected).
b. Parents with multiple children
Parents with multiple children are allowed to trade family discounts for freezing tuition for multiple children under the same condition as option a.
On the 5th year, the new Development Fund scheme will be revised and parents in the Development Fund will be informed of the changes and they can to continue or discontinue. The School reserves the right to continue or discontinue the Development Fund. However, all contracts issued will be honored to their full terms.
- Annual Seat Reservation Fee (non-refundable)
In order to effectively plan number of classes, number of teachers and their teaching assignments, all returning students are required to reserve their seats for the School Year 2016-2017 by paying 25,000 Baht by March 31, 2016. This non-refundable sum is counted towards the General Fee for the School Year 2016-2017. The student who fails to pay the Seat Reservation Fee by the due date stated in the bill payment invoice will not be entitled to the loyalty discounts for that year.
- NivaIS Loyalty Discount
All students who study at NIVA continuously are entitled to a NivaIS loyalty discount after studying at NIVA for one full academic year (starting from the second school year onwards) at a minimum rate of 1,000 Baht/year on the year the school fee is revised.
- Family Discounts on Tuition Fee:
- One child Full payment
- Two children 10,000 Baht discount per child per year*
- Three children 15,000 Baht discount per child per year*
- Four children or more 25,000 Baht discount per child per year*
*Discountable only in the 4th quarter
**For mid-year entrants, family discounts will be prorated by quarter.
- Timely Payment of Fees
All payments must be made before or on the day of the payment deadlines stated in the invoices and bill-payment slips. The table below specifies the deadlines:
|Installment Options||Payment Deadlines|
|One payment (for the whole year)||July 31, 2016|
|Two payments (by semester)||July 31, 2016||December 31, 2016|
|Four payments (by quarter)||July 31, 2016||September 30, 2016||December 31, 2016||February 28, 2017|
All students who pay after the deadlines will not be entitled to payment discounts. In addition, a late payment fine of 50 Baht per day will be charged until the payment is cleared. Unpaid late charges will be deducted from the General Deposit of 20,000 Baht.
Students, whose fees are not paid before the start of the quarter, will be allowed to attend classes for the first week of the quarter. If the outstanding payment is not settled or parents have not come to the school to make a clear arrangement with the Business Office by the second week, the student will be asked to do his/her classwork independently in the library for the duration second week. If payments are not settled or no direct arrangements are made by the parents before the third week begins, the student will be requested to remain at home until the parents are able to settle the outstanding payment or make a clear arrangement with the Business Office.
Note: The School will not process or issue any academic documents such as report cards or transcripts for the student until all outstanding balances are settled.
- Additional Variable Charges
- External Testing Fees: The cost of registering for TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP) etc., is not included in the tuition or general fees; they are to be paid by students taking the tests.
- Grade 12 Graduation Fee – 5,000 Baht
The Graduation Fee is collected from all Grade 12 students for them to plan and pay for the additional events seniors participate in for the whole year such as their Bonding Trip, Senior Presentation, Graduation, assembly hall decorations and hiring professional photographers.
Transportation Service Charges
The school transportation service between home and school is optional but highly recommended. The transportation charges are fixed at 40,000 Baht/school year for a round trip (20,000 Baht/school year one-way) regardless of the distance between home and school. Late or missed payments will result in no service. No refund is available for the days the student is not taking the van.
- Accident insurance (included in General Fee)
All NivaIS students are required to join the school’s accident insurance plan, which has a maximum coverage of 40,000 Baht per case of accident. The premium for the insurance is included in the General Fee. All additional medical expenses incurred must be borne by the parents/guardians by their own finances or insurance for their children. The school recommends that parents purchase additional insurance for liabilities beyond the emergency 40,000 Baht.
The parents must pay the hospital expense for the treatment and care first, then make a claim for reimbursement through the school by submitting a receipt and a medical letter within five (5) working days. The office will process the claim and reimburse the expense to the parents. There may be expenses the insurance company may not reimburse; parents are free to follow up with the insurance company directly; the school will assist as best as it can to help parents.
- Refunds and Conditions
The terms for refunds in the case of withdrawals or dismissals are as follows:
- The Campus Development and General Fees are non-refundable
- All fees paid for the current quarter are non-refundable
- Advanced payments for the food and tuition fees for subsequent quarters will be refunded in full
- The student must fill out the School Leaving Clearance form, have all required signatures and clear all liabilities to the school before refunds will be made.
- Fees are subject to change and will be notified; only the latest published fees are applicable.
Updated: January 25, 2016
Hi there, Sign up to our newsletter to keep informed
Monthly updates on students, faculty, activities, achievements and more