Position: Elementary School Teacher
Starting Date: ASAP and SY2022-2023
Report To: Head of School / ES Principal
Elementary School Teacher will lead, inspire, and promote student learning. Additionally, he/she should have experience with collaborative curriculum designs and be well versed in unit development using backward planning. He/she will collaborate with department team members, school leaders, and the curriculum coordinator to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each student.
Position Details and Responsibilities
• Teach, manage and monitor children in a classroom environment.
• Teach core subjects in Elementary level assigned by the School.
• Plan, create, prepare, evaluate and assign lessons, based on the school curriculum, US curriculum.
• Prepare courseworks and assignments.
• Grades paper and perform other administrative teaching-related duties if required.
• Maintain grade books.
• Implement various teaching techniques in class.
• Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
• Encourage creativity and enthusiasm in learning in students.
• Assist students before and/or after school if they need extra help.
• Utilize various teaching and curriculum resources.
• Keep record of teaching materials, students’ progress and outcomes in portfolios.
• Coordinate with the Head of Elementary and/or curriculum coordinator to ensure the learning goals and objectives are met.
• Constantly update lesson plans and coordinate with the Academic Administrators.
• Communicate with parents or guardians about their child’s academic and overall improvement.
• Be responsible for children’s welling and safety and manage their behaviors in a classroom.
• Attends the school trainings, seminar, activities, and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.