Position: Secondary English Teacher
Starting Date: Ongoing Availability
Reports To: Head of School / Secondary Principal
Secondary English Teacher will lead, inspire, and promote student learning. Additionally, he/she should have experience with collaborative curriculum designs and be well versed in unit development using backward planning. He/she will collaborate with department team members, school leaders, and the curriculum coordinator to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each student.
Position Details and Responsibilities
• Teach basic English skills including reading, writing and speaking.
• Compose lesson plans in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson.
• Execute lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
• Instruct student about the structure and content of the English language.
• Prepare students for formal and informal assessments.
• Grading tests, pop quizzes, assignments, other assessments and communicating with parents, students, teachers and principal regarding underperformance and other concerns.
• Ensuring all curriculum, school and state requirements are met. Attends the school trainings, seminar, activities, and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Literature or a similar discipline.
• The ability to compile lesson plans efficiently.
• At least 2 years experienced in a teaching role.
• The ability to execute lessons in a meaningful and engaging manner
• Proficient in using Google suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point)
• Must be a first language English speaker.
• Relevant certification or license are required.